- RAYTOWN QUALITY SCHOOLS
Fall 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics for Students Ages 12-22
The Raytown C-2 School District is partnering with the Jackson County Health Department (JACOHD) to host onsite COVID-19 vaccine clinics for Raytown C-2 students aged 12-22. The clinics are for Raytown C-2 students, including students from other districts attending Herndon Career Center, who meet the eligibility criteria only. Parents/guardians and other adult family and/or community members are not eligible to attend these onsite clinics. The Health Department will operate the clinics with the assistance of community health partners. Students attending the clinic will receive the Pfizer vaccine.
Currently, COVID-19 vaccinations are 100% voluntary; however, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), "COVID 19-vaccines are effective. They can keep you from getting and spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. COVID-19 vaccines also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19. Getting vaccinated yourself may also protect people around you, particularly people at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19."
Fully-vaccinated individuals (defined as those who are 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine) are not required to quarantine after an exposure if they are asymptomatic. This means COVID-19 vaccines play a crucial role in limiting quarantines and keeping students in school.
To schedule an appointment and sign the consent form online, please carefully follow the one registration links below. Families are encouraged to register their students for the clinic taking place at their school; however, students can attend any clinic in the district. Transportation required to attend a clinic outside of a student’s home school must be arranged by the family with the exception of:
- Raytown Central Middle School (RCMS) students attending the Raytown High School (RHS) clinic
- Students can walk to the clinic location
- Northwood School (NW) students attending the Raytown High School (RHS) clinic
- Transportation will be provided
- Herndon Career Center (HCC) students attending the Raytown South High School (RSHS) or Raytown South Middle School (RSMS) clinic
- Students can walk to the clinic location at RSHS or will be taken by district van to RSMS
- Raytown Success Academy (RSA) students attending the Raytown Middle School (RMS) clinic
- Transportation will be provided
Clinic information is as follows:
Thursday, Sept. 16 | Time - 8:30-11:30 a.m. | Location - Raytown High School Library | 6019 Blue Ridge Blvd, Raytown, MO 64133
- Registration Link: https://jacohd.jotform.com/212523842759158
- RCMS students registered for this date/location can easily walk over to RHS
- NW students registered for this date/location will be transported to RHS
Thursday, Sept. 16 | Time - 12:30-2 p.m. | Location - Raytown Middle School Gym Stage | 4900 Pittman Rd, Kansas City, MO 64133
- Registration Link: https://jacohd.jotform.com/212523961246151
- RSA students registered for this date/location will be transported to RMS
Friday, Sept. 17 | Time - 8:30-11:30 a.m. | Location - Raytown South High School Auditorium | 8211 Sterling Ave, Raytown, MO 64138
- Registration Link - https://jacohd.jotform.com/212524344198153
- AM HCC students registered for this date/location can easily walk over to RSHS
Friday, Sept. 17 | Time - 12:30-2 p.m. | Location - Raytown South Middle Gym Stage | 8401 E 83rd St, Raytown, MO 64138
- Registration Link - https://jacohd.jotform.com/212523922488156
- PM HCC students registered for this date/location will be transported to RSMS
Families that have difficulty registering or making appointments can contact JACOHD at (816) 404-6415 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. District staff are unable to answer questions related to COVID-19 vaccines.
For vaccine FAQs, please visit https://jacohd.org/covid19-vaccine-faqs/.
For a calendar of JACOHD COVID-19 testing and vaccine events, please visit https://jacohd.org/events/.
For information about COVID-19 testing options, please visit https://jacohd.org/covid-19-testing-options/.