Herndon Career Center (HCC)
The Herndon School Counseling program is grounded on the principles of Missouri Comprehensive School Counseling Program (MCSCP) and the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model.
Herndon Counseling Delivery System (Based on the MCSCP and ASCA Model)
Direct Student Services - In-person interactions between school counselors and students and include the following:
- Curriculum - Structured lessons designed to help students attain the desired competencies and to provide all students with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills appropriate for their developmental level. The counseling curriculum is delivered throughout the school’s overall curriculum and is systematically presented by school counselors in collaboration with other professional educators in K-12 classroom and group activities.
- Individual student planning - Ongoing systemic activities designed to assist students in establishing personal goals and developing future plans.
- Responsive services - Activities designed to meet students’ immediate needs and concerns. Responsive services may include counseling in individual or small-group settings or crisis response.
- Indirect Student Services - Provided on behalf of students as a result of the school counselor’s interactions with others including referrals for additional assistance, consultation, and collaboration with parents, teachers, other educators and community organizations.
Herndon Counseling Services
The Herndon Career Center School Counselor strives to enhance students' academic, social/emotional, and college/career readiness and potential. To attain this goal, we offer the following services:
- academic counseling
- individual academic planning and advisement
- individual counseling
- crisis counseling
- college information and planning
- post-secondary information and planning
- career counseling
- group counseling
- classroom instruction